All Star Circuit of Champions
Spencer Bayston goes wire-to-wire at Lincoln Speedway for Kramer Klash victory
ABBOTTSTOWN, Pa. (August 29, 2020) - Forced to fend off a few of Central Pennsylvania’s elite, as well as the two-time and defending Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 champion, Lebanon, Indiana’s Spencer Bayston cruised into Pennsylvania Posse Country on Saturday night and left a winner, scoring the inaugural Kramer Klash at the “Fabulous” Lincoln Speedway for a $7,300 payday. The wire-to-wire victory, leading all 35 circuits in the Pigeon Hills, pushed Bayston’s All Star win total to three, his first since dominating an Ohio Sprint Speedweek program at Muskingum County Speedway on June 22, 2017.
Clute, Texas’ Aaron Reutzel battled ahead from sixth to finish second, followed by Brian Montieth, Tim Wagaman and a hard-charging Cory Eliason, who worked his way forward from 15th.
“I’m going to have to go back and watch this one again, because I feel like I was pretty ugly in traffic,” Spencer Bayston said jokingly in Lincoln Speedway victory lane, driver of the Swindell Speedlab, Bear Archery, John Christner Trucking, No. 39 sprint car. “I kept hearing guys behind me, but I just tried to keep my eyes ahead and stay focused. I don’t have enough laps yet to have enough confidence to drive through traffic as hard as I should. But man, this car; every time I had the chance to drive it, we had speed. We had speed right out of the gate tonight.”
It was Aaron Reutzel who applied the pressure during the final 14 circuits of the 35-lap contest, but it was Gettysburg’s Danny Dietrich who applied the pressure during the first 21 circuits, utilizing the outside-pole position to power into second right from the drop of the green flag. Using every inch of Lincoln’s configuration, Dietrich did everything he could to track down the Swindell Speedlab entry, eventually reaching the back bumper of the well-known No. 39 in traffic with 12 laps clicked off the counter.
By lap 17, the top three were battling under a blanket, now including Aaron Reutzel, who dived below multi-time track champion, Brian Montieth, to claim third just two laps prior.
Banging the topside of the speedway, the frontrunners continued their nose-to-tail battle for several circuits, that until Dietrich set-up, and partially executed, his first, true takeover attempt on lap 22. As the lead pair were entering turn one, Bayston stayed high, ultimately opening the bottom lane for Dietrich. The former Lincoln Speedway track champion took advantage and pulled off a perfect slider to get by Bayston, but to Dietrich’s demise, a lapped car was blocking his path causing the familiar No. 48 to spin. The 360-degree spin forced Dietrich to retire to the tail of the field. Reutzel inherited second with Montieth following suit; that is where they stayed.
“I know they were close there a few times,” Bayston continued. “Those cautions really did fall in our favor. Having a little luck on our side isn’t a bad thing. I’m very lucky and I’m proud to be a part of this team. To leave here tonight on top after watching these guys race all year is just incredible. I’m so happy right now.”
The Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 will conclude their four-day sweep through Pennsylvania Posse Country with a visit to Bedford Speedway in Bedford, Pennsylvania, on Sunday evening, August 30. The Sunday night showstopper will award a $5,000 top prize. For those seeking additional information, please visit Bedford Speedway online at www.bedfordspeedway.com.
Each and every event on the 2020 Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 schedule will be broadcast live exclusively at www.floracing.com. To access live and on-demand racing action from the All Star Circuit of Champions, visit www.floracing.com and become an annual PRO subscriber. The subscription unlocks access to premium content across the entire FloSports network. Watch the events across all screens by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Chromecast. To check out exclusive content, visit https://bit.ly/2XR863e.
Contingency Awards/Results: Lincoln Speedway - August 29, 2020:
C&R Racing Warm-Ups: Danny Dietrich - 13.757
Lincoln Electric Fast Qualifier: Aaron Reutzel - 13.357
Ford Performance Heat #1 Winner: Troy Wagaman, Jr.
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2 Winner: Tim Wagaman
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3 Winner: Freddie Rahmer
Mobil 1 Heat #4 Winner: Spencer Bayston
Kear’s Speed Shop Dash #1 Winner: Spencer Bayston
Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts Dash #2 Winner: Danny Dietrich
Classic Ink USA Screenprinting & Embroidery B-Main Winner: Glenndon Forsythe
Rayce Rudeen Foundation First Non-Transfer: Jim Siegel
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet A-Main Winner: Spencer Bayston
Hercules Tire A-Main Hard Charger: Cory Eliason (+10)
- 87-Aaron Reutzel, 13.357; 2. 1X-Chad Trout, 13.476; 3. 19-Troy Wagaman Jr., 13.642; 4. 19m-Landon Myers, 13.678; 5. O7-Gerard McIntyre, 13.720; 6. 2W-Glenndon Forsythe, 13.770; 7. 8-Billy Dietrich, 14.060; 8. 97-Brie Hershey, 14.130; 9. 16-Matt Campbell, 14.163
- 9-James McFadden, 13.470; 2. 48-Danny Dietrich, 13.583; 3. 5e-Tim Wagaman, 13.675; 4. 88-Brandon Rahmer, 13.708; 5. 99M-Kyle Moody, 13.831; 6. 5-Brent Marks, 13.885; 7. 69-Tim Glatfelter, 13.886; 8. 16A-Aaron Bollinger, 14.033; 9. 73B-Brett Michalski, 14.519
- 17-Josh Baughman, 13.540; 2. 26-Cory Eliason, 13.654; 3. 51-Freddie Rahmer, 13.777; 4. 11-Zeb Wise, 13.820; 5. 15-Adam Wilt, 13.836; 6. 99-Skylar Gee, 14.041; 7. W20-Greg Wilson, 14.181; 8. 90-Jordan Givler, 14.365; 9. 44-Dylan Norris, 14.504
- 21-Brian Montieth, 13.697; 2. 13-Paul McMahan, 13.741; 3. 39s-Spencer Bayston, 13.771; 4. 14-Tony Stewart, 13.792; 5. 75-Chase Dietz, 13.967; 6. 39-Justin Peck, 13.996; 7. 87k-Alan Krimes, 14.037; 8. 59-Jim Siegel, 14.179; 9. 15B-Jeff Rohrbaugh, 14.393
Heat #1 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
- 19-Troy Wagaman Jr. ; 2. 19M-Landon Myers ; 3. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 4. 1X-Chad Trout ; 5. O7-Gerard McIntyre ; 6. 2W-Glenndon Forsythe ; 7. 16-Matt Campbell ; 8. 8-Billy Dietrich ; 9. 97-Brie Hershey 
Heat #2 - Group (B) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
- 5E-Tim Wagaman ; 2. 9-James McFadden ; 3. 88-Brandon Rahmer ; 4. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 5. 5-Brent Marks ; 6. 99M-Kyle Moody ; 7. 69-Tim Glatfelter ; 8. 73B-Brett Michalski ; 9. 16A-Aaron Bollinger 
Heat #3 - Group (C) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
- 51-Freddie Rahmer ; 2. 11-Zeb Wise ; 3. 17-Josh Baughman ; 4. 26-Cory Eliason ; 5. 99-Skylar Gee ; 6. W20-Greg Wilson ; 7. 15-Adam Wilt ; 8. 44-Dylan Norris ; 9. 90-Jordan Givler 
Heat #4 - Group (D) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
- 39S-Spencer Bayston ; 2. 14-Tony Stewart ; 3. 21-Brian Montieth ; 4. 13-Paul McMahan ; 5. 39-Justin Peck ; 6. 75-Chase Dietz ; 7. 59-Jim Siegel ; 8. 87K-Alan Krimes ; 9. 15B-Jeff Rohrbaugh 
Dash #1 (4 Laps)
- 39S-Spencer Bayston ; 2. 21-Brian Montieth ; 3. 51-Freddie Rahmer ; 4. 5E-Tim Wagaman ; 5. 19-Troy Wagaman Jr. 
Dash #2 (4 Laps)
- 48-Danny Dietrich ; 2. 1X-Chad Trout ; 3. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 4. 9-James McFadden ; 5. 17-Josh Baughman 
B-Main (12 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
- 2W-Glenndon Forsythe ; 2. W20-Greg Wilson ; 3. 99M-Kyle Moody ; 4. 16-Matt Campbell ; 5. 59-Jim Siegel ; 6. 15-Adam Wilt ; 7. 8-Billy Dietrich ; 8. 69-Tim Glatfelter ; 9. 87K-Alan Krimes ; 10. 73B-Brett Michalski ; 11. 97-Brie Hershey ; 12. 90-Jordan Givler ; 13. 15B-Jeff Rohrbaugh ; 14. 44-Dylan Norris ; 15. 16A-Aaron Bollinger ; 16. 75-Chase Dietz 
A-Main (35 Laps)
- 39S-Spencer Bayston ; 2. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 3. 21-Brian Montieth ; 4. 5E-Tim Wagaman ; 5. 26-Cory Eliason ; 6. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 7. 1X-Chad Trout ; 8. 14-Tony Stewart ; 9. 88-Brandon Rahmer ; 10. 19-Troy Wagaman Jr. ; 11. O7-Gerard McIntyre ; 12. 13-Paul McMahan ; 13. 39-Justin Peck ; 14. 19M-Landon Myers ; 15. 99-Skylar Gee ; 16. 9-James McFadden ; 17. W20-Greg Wilson ; 18. 11-Zeb Wise ; 19. 5-Brent Marks ; 20. 51-Freddie Rahmer ; 21. 75-Chase Dietz ; 22. 16-Matt Campbell ; 23. 99M-Kyle Moody ; 24. 17-Josh Baughman ; 25. 87K-Alan Krimes ; 26. 2W-Glenndon Forsythe  Lap Leaders: Spencer Bayston (1-35)
2020 All Star Circuit of Champions Driver Standings: (As of August 29, 2020)
- Aaron Reutzel - 4564
- Cory Eliason - 4482
- Zeb Wise - 4256
- Paul McMahan - 4046
- Skylar Gee - 3990
- Greg Wilson -3876
- Josh Baughman - 3730
- Kyle Larson - 2642
- Danny Dietrich - 2624
- Brock Zearfoss - 2518
2020 All Star Circuit of Champions Winners:
Volusia Speedway Park, Fla. (2/5/2020): Brad Sweet
Volusia Speedway Park, Fla. (2/6/2020): Aaron Reutzel
East Bay Raceway Park, Fla. (2/10/2020): Aaron Reutzel (2)
East Bay Raceway Park, Fla. (2/11/2020): Kyle Larson
Park Jefferson International Speedway, S.D. (5/29/2020): Aaron Reutzel (3)
Park Jefferson International Speedway, S.D. (5/30/2020): Austin McCarl
Red Dirt Raceway, Okla. (6/5/2020): Aaron Reutzel (4)
81 Speedway, Kan. (6/7/2020): Kyle Larson (2)
Lawton Speedway, Okla. (6/8/2020): Kyle Larson (3)
Devil’s Bowl Speedway, Texas (6/10/2020): Kyle Larson (4)
Southern Oklahoma Speedway, Okla. (6/11/2020): Brock Zearfoss
Monarch Motor Speedway, Texas (6/12/2020): Danny Dietrich
Lonestar Speedway, Texas (6/13/2020): Aaron Reutzel (5)
Chatham Speedway, Louisiana (6/14/2020): Dominic Scelzi
Port Royal Speedway, Pa. (6/24/2020): Anthony Macri
Volunteer Speedway, Tenn. (6/27/2020): Aaron Reutzel (6)
SW: Attica Raceway Park, Ohio (7/3/2020): Cap Henry
SW: Fremont Speedway, Ohio (7/4/2020): Buddy Kofoid
SW: Fremont Speedway, Ohio (7/5/2020): Aaron Reutzel (7)
SW: Wayne County Speedway, Ohio (7/6/2020): Cap Henry (2)
SW: Brushcreek Motorsports Complex, Ohio (7/8/2020): Kyle Larson (5)
SW: Muskingum Co. Speedway, Ohio (7/9/2020): Rico Abreu
SW: Portsmouth Raceway Park, Ohio (7/10/2020): Kyle Larson (6)
SW: Sharon Speedway, Ohio (7/11/2020): Cale Conley
SW: Sharon Speedway, Ohio (7/12/2020): Kyle Larson (7)
Williams Grove Speedway, Pa. (7/17/2020): Kyle Larson (8)
Port Royal Speedway, Pa. (7/18/2020): Kyle Larson (9)
Port Royal Speedway, Pa. (7/19/2020): Kyle Larson (10)
Plymouth Dirt Track, Wis. (7/30/2020): Kyle Larson (11)
34 Raceway, Iowa (7/31/2020): Kyle Larson (12)
Knoxville Raceway, Iowa (8/1/2020): Kyle Larson (13)
Huset’s Speedway, S.D. (8/2/2020): Cory Eliason
Wilmot Raceway, Wis. (8/21/2020): Cory Eliason (2)
Plymouth Speedway, Ind. (8/22/2020): Aaron Reutzel (8)
Grandview Speedway, Pa. (8/27/2020): Danny Dietrich (2)
Williams Grove Speedway, Pa. (8/28/2020): Canceled/Weather
Lincoln Speedway, Pa. (8/29/2020): Spencer Bayston
About the All Star Circuit of Champions:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first 'outlaw' Sprint Car organization of the modern era. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015.
About Ollie’s Bargain Outlet:
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, Inc., founded in 1982, is one of America’s largest retailers of closeouts and excess inventory, offering real brands at real bargain prices. Famous for its signature catch-phrase Good Stuff Cheap, Ollie’s has a huge variety of famous brand-name merchandise in every department – food, books, housewares, toys, electronics, domestics, clothing, furniture, health and beauty, flooring, seasonal items and so much more – at up to 70 percent off the fancy stores’ prices. You never know what you’ll find at one of Ollie’s 366 “semi-lovely” stores in 25 states. For more information, visit www.ollies.us. Like us on Facebook or find us on Twitter at @OlliesOutlet. Ollie’s is a publicly-traded company on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol OLLI.
About Mobil 1:
The world's leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1™ features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life.
For more information, visit mobiloil.com, on Twitter @Mobil1 and, on Facebook, www.facebook.com/mobil1.
Mobil, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing are registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ vertical sport categories in the US and abroad. FloSports’ mission is to give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home. For more information, please visit: flosports.tv.
Photo Credit: Bert Wojo
Contact: Tyler Altmeyer
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1
(724) 954-4915, email@example.com
Article Credit: Tyler Altmeyer
Submitted By: Tyler Altmeyer