All Star Circuit of Champions
Joey Saldana dominates #LastCallForMethanol at Eldora Speedway
Joey Saldana dominates #LastCallForMethanol at Eldora Speedway
Chad Kemenah earns sixth Arctic Cat All Star championship
ROSSBURG, OH (October 14, 2017) - Brownsburg, Indiana’s Joey Saldana dominated everything on Saturday night at Eldora Speedway, conquering the entire #LastCallForMethanol program at the World’s Greatest Dirt Track for a $5,000 top prize against the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions.
Saldana, pilot of the familiar Indy Race Parts, No. 71 sprint car, kicked off the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions finale by earning the fastest time during qualifying time trials, followed by a victory during his respective heat race, as well as a win during the second of two dashes. The “Brownsburg Bullet” capped off his evening by leading all 30 circuits around the legendary half-mile, ultimately crossing under the final checkers 7.23 seconds ahead of Hunter Schuerenberg and Travis Philo.
“That, tonight, is why I love Eldora Speedway,” Saldana stated in Eldora Speedway victory lane. “Man, this place was a lot of fun. It’s just always so much fun to race here; so much history. I’m not just a racer, but I am also a huge fan. When I came here with my dad in 1984 for the Four Crown, I was instantly hooked.”
The Arctic Cat All Star triumph was the 74th of Saldana’s storied career; his 12th at Eldora Speedway during Arctic Cat All Star competition. All but nine cars were lapped during the non-stop, 30-lap finale.
“I was given a really good race car tonight and it shows. When you are given good equipment, it just makes life so much easier,” Saldana said. “We definitely had a top-three car last night and I just gave it away all night, but tonight we made up for it. The guys kept tuning this car as the night went on and it ended up being a really great race car. I can’t thank Bernie [Stuebgen] enough for what he’s done for me to get here. I didn’t have a ride and he gave me a shot. Hopefully we can run this car a little more next year.”
Making it official on Saturday night at the World’s Greatest Dirt Track, Chad Kemenah is the 2017 Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions champion, solidifying his title with a sixth place performance during the #LastCallForMethanol main event. Now even with Dale Blaney as a six-time Arctic Cat All Star champion, the most in Series history, Kemenah captured three victories during his 2017 Arctic Cat All Star campaign, earning 37 top-ten feature finishes in 48 main event starts.
“Rob Hunter gives us the equipment necessary to be successful. Our goal this year was to be consistent and we certainly accomplished that,” Chad Kemenah explained during the All Star championship celebration. “It’s pretty cool to go out and be competitive every time you hit the race track. I think the only thing that could have made this season even better is a few more wins. Regardless, we’re thrilled. We’ll celebrate this one and begin to prepare for next year.”
Contingency Awards/Results: Eldora Speedway- Saturday, October 14, 2017:
EMi Driver’s Meeting: 36 Entries
State Water Heaters Warm-Ups: Joey Saldana - 13.654 seconds
Lincoln Electric Fast Qualifier: Hunter Schuerenberg - 13.520 seconds (2nd quick)
Ford Performance Heat #1: Caleb Helms
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2: Chad Kemenah
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3: Joey Saldana
Daido Engine Bearings Heat #4: Carson Macedo
JE Pistons Dash #1: Travis Philo
Kistler Racing Products Dash #2: Joey Saldana
Classic Ink USA B-Main: Caleb Armstrong
Daido Engine Bearings Main Event Winner: Hunter Schuerenberg (2nd)
MSD Performance Hard Charger Award: Max Stambaugh (+10)
Outback Steakhouse A-Main 5th Place Finisher: Carson Macedo
Outback Steakhouse A-Main 10th Place Finisher: Max Stambaugh
Outback Steakhouse A-Main 15th Place Finisher: Ryan Broughton
(Lincoln Electric, Daido Engine Bearings, MSD Performance, Outback Steakhouse: Need decal to qualify for contingency award)
- 44-Trey Starks, 13.65; 2. 59N-Bryan Nuckles, 13.914; 3. 17-Caleb Helms, 13.917; 4. C1-Clay Riney, 13.972; 5. 22B-Ryan Broughton, 14.019; 6. 13-Brandon Matus, 14.058; 7. 22-Brandon Spithaler, 14.155; 8. 27-Brad Lamberson, 14.21; 9. 8M-TJ Michael, 99.99
- 20N-Hunter Schuerenberg, 13.52; 2. 10H-Chad Kemenah, 13.62; 3. 5T-Travis Philo, 13.903; 4. 49-Shawn Dancer, 13.993; 5. 7C-Caleb Armstrong, 14.042; 6. 1080-Jordan Mackison, 14.12; 7. 71-Ayrton Olsen, 14.197; 8. 33-Brent Matus, 15.014; 9. 12N-Cole Duncan, 99.991
Group ( C )
- 71X-Joey Saldana, 13.513; 2. 83-Rob Chaney, 13.887; 3. 71m-Paul May, 14.0192; 4. 51-John Garvin, 14.082; 5. 53W-Bill Wirth, 14.172; 6. 95-Hunter Mackison, 14.18; 7. 35-Travis Esh, 14.623; 8. 45T-Bob Tucker, 14.897; 9. O8-Brandon Conkel, 16.379
- 59-Ryan Smith, 13.77; 2. 3G-Carson Macedo, 13.9137; 3. 7K-Cale Conley, 13.995; 4. 45-Trevor Baker, 14.168; 5. 16-Ryan Ruhl, 14.17; 6. 81-Lee Jacobs, 14.224; 7. 22M-Dan McCarron, 14.537; 8. 33M-Max Stambaugh, 14.602; 9. 83X-Adam Cruea, 14.853
Heat #1 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
- 17-Caleb Helms ; 2. 44-Trey Starks ; 3. C1-Clay Riney ; 4. 59N-Bryan Nuckles ; 5. 22B-Ryan Broughton ; 6. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 7. 13-Brandon Matus ; 8. 27-Brad Lamberson 
Heat #2 - Group (B) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
- 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 2. 49-Shawn Dancer ; 3. 5T-Travis Philo ; 4. 20N-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 5. 1080-Jordan Mackison ; 6. 7C-Caleb Armstrong ; 7. 33-Brent Matus ; 8. 71-Ayrton Olsen 
Heat #3 - Group ( C ) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
- 71X-Joey Saldana ; 2. 83-Rob Chaney ; 3. 51-John Garvin ; 4. 53W-Bill Wirth ; 5. 71M-Paul May ; 6. 95-Hunter Mackison ; 7. 45T-Bob Tucker ; 8. 35-Travis Esh ; 9. O8-Brandon Conkel 
Heat #4 - Group (D) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
- 3G-Carson Macedo ; 2. 59-Ryan Smith ; 3. 7K-Cale Conley ; 4. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 5. 33M-Max Stambaugh ; 6. 45-Trevor Baker ; 7. 16-Ryan Ruhl ; 8. 22M-Dan McCarron ; 9. 83X-Adam Cruea 
Dash #1 (4 Laps)
- 5T-Travis Philo ; 2. 20N-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 3. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 4. 44-Trey Starks ; 5. 49-Shawn Dancer 
Dash #2 (4 Laps)
- 71X-Joey Saldana ; 2. 59-Ryan Smith ; 3. 83-Rob Chaney ; 4. 3G-Carson Macedo ; 5. 17-Caleb Helms 
B-Main (12 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
- 7C-Caleb Armstrong ; 2. 13-Brandon Matus ; 3. 16-Ryan Ruhl ; 4. 45-Trevor Baker ; 5. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 6. 22M-Dan McCarron ; 7. 27-Brad Lamberson ; 8. 95-Hunter Mackison ; 9. 71-Ayrton Olsen ; 10. 83X-Adam Cruea ; 11. O8-Brandon Conkel ; 12. 45T-Bob Tucker ; 13. 33-Brent Matus ; 14. 35-Travis Esh 
A-Main (30 Laps)
- 71X-Joey Saldana ; 2. 20N-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 3. 5T-Travis Philo ; 4. 83-Rob Chaney ; 5. 3G-Carson Macedo ; 6. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 7. 59-Ryan Smith ; 8. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 9. 17-Caleb Helms ; 10. 33M-Max Stambaugh ; 11. 44-Trey Starks ; 12. 49-Shawn Dancer ; 13. 7K-Cale Conley ; 14. 51-John Garvin ; 15. 22B-Ryan Broughton ; 16. 16-Ryan Ruhl ; 17. 59N-Bryan Nuckles ; 18. 53W-Bill Wirth ; 19. C1-Clay Riney ; 20. 7C-Caleb Armstrong ; 21. 71M-Paul May ; 22. 13-Brandon Matus ; 23. 95-Hunter Mackison ; 24. 1080-Jordan Mackison ; 25. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 26. 45-Trevor Baker  Lap Leaders: Joey Saldana [1-30]
Additional Arctic Cat All Star Series Info:
Those seeking additional information regarding the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions should visit its official online home at www.allstarsprint.com. Series updates and breaking news will be posted regularly on the official Twitter account of the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions: https://twitter.com/ASCoC. Find full text results from each and every event, as well as an up-to-date schedule, online at www.allstarsprint.com/schedule/.
About the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All-Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first 'outlaw' Sprint Car organization of the modern era. After a 10 year stint as owner of the All Stars, Miller passed control of the series to Bert Emick in 1980; a reign that would continue through 2002. Guy Webb then purchased the series from Emick in the summer of 2002 and served as the series President for the next 12 years. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015.
About Arctic Cat:
For more than 50 years, the Arctic Cat snowmobile brand has stood as one of the most widely recognized and respected in the industry. Today Arctic Cat’s snowmobile product lines span more than 50 different models, with offerings for every style of riding, from trail-riding with the family, to long-distance touring with friends, to mountain sleds to handle the most severe backcountry conditions. For more information, visit: www.arcticcat.com.
About Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc:
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, snowmobiles, side-by-sides, all-terrain vehicles, professional turf-care equipment, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Arctic Cat®, Textron Off Road™, Jacobsen®, Dixie Chopper®, Ransomes®, TUG™, Douglas™, Premier™ and Safeaero™ brands. Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
About Textron Inc:
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Off Road, Arctic Cat, Textron Systems, and TRU Simulation + Training. For more information, visit:www.textron.com.
Contact: Tyler Altmeyer
Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions
Classic Ink USA
Fully Injected Motorsports
Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions
Article Credit: Tyler Altmeyer
Submitted By: Tyler Altmeyer