All Star Circuit of Champions
Tyler Courtney battles by Kerry Madsen for Classic Ink Southern Swing win at East Bay Raceway Park
TAMPA, Fla. (February 14, 2022) - Forced to wait ten extra days due to Mother Nature’s inability to cooperate, “Sunshine” Tyler Courtney fell right into his old ways on Monday evening at East Bay Raceway Park in Tampa, Florida, and scored himself the first FloRacing All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 victory of the 2022 season, finally commencing the Classic Ink USA Screenprinting and Embroidery Southern Swing presented by Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts.
Courtney’s triumph, resulting in a $6,000 payday, was accomplished from the inside of row two, forced to stalk down outside pole sitter and Sam McGhee Motorsports entry, Kerry Madsen, while simultaneously fending off pressure from KCP Racing’s Gio Scelzi. A series of early race cautions proved to be a struggle for Courtney, but once the Indianapolis, Indiana, native and defending All Star champion found his rhythm and took command on lap 15, utilizing a power move to drive underneath the “Madman” at the exit of turn four, the race was done in its tracks.
Kerry Madsen held on to finish second in the Classic Ink Southern Swing presented by Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts opener at East Bay, followed by Gio Scelzi, Brent Marks, and Justin Peck.
“I knew we had a little bit better car than Kerry (Madsen), but I also had to be careful not to show him my line, especially if another caution would’ve come out. Kerry is a hard racer, but we just had to be patient and it all worked out,” said Tyler Courtney, now a nine-time All Star winner aboard the Clauson Marshall Racing/NOS Energy Turbo/No. 7BC sprint car. “To start off the year on the right foot is key, especially if it’s getting a win this early in the season. We definitely have this team heading in the right direction, so we’ll head back here tomorrow and try it again.”
The Classic Ink USA Southern Swing presented by Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts will continue with another round at East Bay Raceway Park on Tuesday, February 15. Action is set to begin with hot laps at 6:15 p.m.
For more information such as gate times and ticket prices, please visit East Bay Raceway Park online at www.ebrp.co.
Once action in Florida is complete, the FloRacing All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 will take a seven-week hiatus before resuming the 2022 season with a doubleheader at Attica Raceway Park in Attica, Ohio, on Friday and Saturday, April 8-9. The Core and Main Spring Nationals, awarding $6,000 each night, will officially launch the All Star points championship.
Contingency Awards/Results: East Bay Raceway Park | February 14, 2022:
Event: Classic Ink USA Southern Swing presented by Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts
Kistler Racing Products Pill Draw | Entries: 40
Nunzi’s Advertising Hot Laps: Anthony Macri | 13.529
Dixie Vodka Fast Qualifier: Alex Bowman | 12.932
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #1 Winner: Gio Scelzi
Competition Suspension Inc Heat #2 Winner: Brent Marks
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #3 Winner: Ryan Smith
Mobil 1 Heat #4 Winner: Kerry Madsen
Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts Dash presented by Kear’s Speed Shop Winner: Gio Scelzi
Classic Ink USA B-Main Winner: Wayne Johnson
Rayce Rudeen Foundation First Non-Transfer: Greg Wilson
FloRacing A-Main Winner: Tyler Courtney
Hercules Tires A-Main Hard Charger: Terry McCarl (+12)
- 48-Danny Dietrich, 13.057; 2. 18-Gio Scelzi, 13.076; 3. 26-Cory Eliason, 13.102; 4. 6-Dustin Gates, 13.476; 5. 40-George Hobaugh, 13.557; 6. 20B-Cody Bova, 13.761; 7. 7B-Ben Brown, 13.819; 8. 2-Ricky Peterson, 13.853; 9. 97-Scott Milan, 14.035; 10. 44-Chris Martin, 14.138
- 11-Parker Price Miller, 13.140; 2. 19-Brent Marks, 13.228; 3. 47X-Dylan Westbrook, 13.304; 4. 19AZ-Tanner Thorson, 13.453; 5. 23B-Brian Bell, 13.585; 6. 28-Tim Shaffer, 13.599; 7. 1-Jamie Myers, 13.680; 8. 97G-Alan Gilbertson, 13.966; 9. 197-Ryan Harrison, 14.242; 10. 121-Steve Glover, 15.094
- 55-Alex Bowman, 12.932; 2. 10X-Ryan Smith, 13.088; 3. 28M-Conner Morrell, 13.453; 4. 28F-Davie Franek, 13.481; 5. 2C-Wayne Johnson, 13.500; 6. 47-Eric Riggins Jr., 13.518; 7. 9K-Kevin Thomas Jr., 13.580; 8. 11MM-Brendan Mullen, 13.797; 9. 66-Danny Smith, 13.820; 10. 25-Chris Myers, 13.826
- 7BC-Tyler Courtney, 13.018; 2. 11M-Kerry Madsen, 13.249; 3. 13-Justin Peck, 13.264; 4. 8-Aaron Reutzel, 13.381; 5. 19X-Chris Windom, 13.441; 6. 39M-Anthony Macri, 13.529; 7. 10-Paulie Colagiovanni, 13.692; 8. 24-Terry McCarl, 13.727; 9. 97W-Greg Wilson, 13.811; 10. 5M-Max Stambaugh, 14.036
Heat 1 (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
- 18-Gio Scelzi ; 2. 26-Cory Eliason ; 3. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 4. 6-Dustin Gates ; 5. 20B-Cody Bova ; 6. 2-Ricky Peterson ; 7. 40-George Hobaugh ; 8. 7B-Ben Brown ; 9. 97-Scott Milan ; 10. 44-Chris Martin 
Heat 2 (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
- 19-Brent Marks ; 2. 47X-Dylan Westbrook ; 3. 19AZ-Tanner Thorson ; 4. 28-Tim Shaffer ; 5. 11-Parker Price Miller ; 6. 1-Jamie Myers ; 7. 23B-Brian Bell ; 8. 97G-Alan Gilbertson ; 9. 197-Ryan Harrison ; 10. 121-Steve Glover 
Heat 3 (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
- 10X-Ryan Smith ; 2. 55-Alex Bowman ; 3. 28M-Conner Morrell ; 4. 47-Eric Riggins Jr. ; 5. 28F-Davie Franek ; 6. 2C-Wayne Johnson ; 7. 9K-Kevin Thomas Jr. ; 8. 66-Danny Smith ; 9. 25-Chris Myers ; 10. 11MM-Brendan Mullen 
Heat 4 (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
- 11M-Kerry Madsen ; 2. 13-Justin Peck ; 3. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 4. 39M-Anthony Macri ; 5. 10-Paulie Colagiovanni ; 6. 24-Terry McCarl ; 7. 97W-Greg Wilson ; 8. 8-Aaron Reutzel ; 9. 5M-Max Stambaugh ; 10. 19X-Chris Windom 
Dash (6 Laps)
- 18-Gio Scelzi ; 2. 11M-Kerry Madsen ; 3. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 4. 11-Parker Price Miller ; 5. 55-Alex Bowman ; 6. 10X-Ryan Smith ; 7. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 8. 19-Brent Marks 
B-main (12 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
- 2C-Wayne Johnson ; 2. 24-Terry McCarl ; 3. 9K-Kevin Thomas Jr. ; 4. 1-Jamie Myers ; 5. 97W-Greg Wilson ; 6. 5M-Max Stambaugh ; 7. 66-Danny Smith ; 8. 23B-Brian Bell ; 9. 40-George Hobaugh ; 10. 7B-Ben Brown ; 11. 25-Chris Myers ; 12. 97G-Alan Gilbertson ; 13. 97-Scott Milan ; 14. 11MM-Brendan Mullen ; 15. 44-Chris Martin ; 16. 197-Ryan Harrison ; 17. 121-Steve Glover ; 18. 2-Ricky Peterson ; 19. 19X-Chris Windom ; 20. 8-Aaron Reutzel 
A-main (30 Laps)
- 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 2. 11M-Kerry Madsen ; 3. 18-Gio Scelzi ; 4. 19-Brent Marks ; 5. 13-Justin Peck ; 6. 10X-Ryan Smith ; 7. 28-Tim Shaffer ; 8. 11-Parker Price Miller ; 9. 19AZ-Tanner Thorson ; 10. 24-Terry McCarl ; 11. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 12. 55-Alex Bowman ; 13. 47X-Dylan Westbrook ; 14. 9K-Kevin Thomas Jr. ; 15. 28M-Conner Morrell ; 16. 6-Dustin Gates ; 17. 1-Jamie Myers ; 18. 10-Paulie Colagiovanni ; 19. 20B-Cody Bova ; 20. 26-Cory Eliason ; 21. 39M-Anthony Macri ; 22. 47-Eric Riggins Jr. ; 23. 2C-Wayne Johnson ; 24. 28F-Davie Franek  Lap Leaders: Kerry Madsen (1-14), Tyler Courtney (15-30)
2022 All Star Circuit of Champions Winners:
- East Bay Raceway Park, Florida (February 14, 2022): Tyler Courtney
2022 All Star Dixie Fast Timers:
- East Bay Raceway Park, Florida (February 14, 2022): Alex Bowman | 12.932
2022 All Star Circuit of Champions Driver Standings (TBD):
**No points for Georgia/Florida events
About the All Star Circuit of Champions:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first 'outlaw' Sprint Car organization of the modern era. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015.
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ vertical sport categories in the US and abroad. FloSports’ mission is to give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home. For more information, please visit: flosports.tv.
About Mobil 1:
The world's leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1™ features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life. For more information, visit mobiloil.com, on Twitter @Mobil1 and, on Facebook, www.facebook.com/mobil1. Mobil, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing are registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
About Elliott’s Custom Trailers & Carts:
Elliott's Custom Trailers & Carts is an authorized inTech Trailer, United, Featherlite, ATC, Legend, Alumitech, Haulmark, and EZ Go dealership serving the greater Warsaw, Indiana-area. We are proud to carry a large selection of new and pre-owned inventory. When you are ready to invest in a new trailer, our friendly and knowledgeable sales, financing, service, and parts departments are prepared to make sure your experience is outstanding. To learn more, visit Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts online at www.elliottscustomtrailers.com, or call 800-766-1886.
About Classic Ink USA:
Classic Ink USA Screenprinting and Embroidery is constantly testing the limits of custom racewear and specialized embroidery. Headquartered in Western Pennsylvania, Classic Ink holds the highest standard, maximizing your return, as well as the ultimate customer satisfaction. From "Track Swag" fan wear to "Quick Crew" crew wear, Classic Ink has you covered. Their dedicated staff and graphic design team will be sure to keep your race team, and your fans, looking sharp on and off the racing surface. Contact Classic Ink USA Screenprinting and Embroidery today and get your race team ahead of the competition. Visit www.classicinkusa.com. That's Classic Ink; "at the track and on your back!"
Photo: Chad Warner
Contact: Tyler Altmeyer
FloRacing All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1
(724) 954-4915, firstname.lastname@example.org
Article Credit: Tyler Altmeyer
Submitted By: Tyler Altmeyer